John Spc Deweese 22 Was Killed in a Roadside Bomb

During a deployment to Iraq, Marine Corporal David Spc DeWeese was killed by a roadside bomb. The 22-year-old was a Marine since he was 17. He liked yard work, New York Yankees baseball, and being on the water. He was killed along with five other Marines. Deweese and also his fellow Marines were training Iraqi police officers when the incident occurred.

United States Marine Corps

David Spc DeWeese, 22, served in the United States Marine Corps and also died in Iraq on October 26, 2007. He loved the outdoors, the New York Yankees, and also was an avid fan of fishing. Tragically, he and his unit were killed in a roadside bomb while training Iraqi police officers. His death has added to the humanitarian crisis in Iraq.

Spc Deweese was born in West Virginia and joined the Marine Corps at the age of seventeen. He served overseas for a year, where he was assigned to a platoon training Iraqi police officers. He loved fishing and watching the Yankees and received many awards during his time in the military. His served in the Marine Corps for nearly four decades, and also was a proud member of the United States Marine Corps.

West Virginia Native

Spc Deweese was a West Virginia native and also attended Poca High School. He received several medals for his service, including the Purple Heart. He was a Humvee driver with the 16th Infantry Regiment. His unit had been supporting Schweinfurt’s 1st Battalion since February. His unit fought in the Coutance neighborhood, and also was part of the offensive there.

Humvee Driver

The family of John Spc Deweese, 22, of Texas, has been devastated by his death. The Department of Defense initially said the soldier died in a roadside bomb explosion. However, a colonel in the soldier’s unit contacted the family from Iraq to explain what really happened. His body was returned to his family on Thursday. His father remembered his son as a lively and also outgoing youth who enjoyed playing football and darts. He had even traveled to England as a 16-year-old to further his education.

Marine Corps Veteran

Marine Corps veteran John Spc Deweeses’ family is trying to find a way to thank him for his service. His death was the result of a roadside bomb, which was not his fault, but is a tribute to the men and women who gave their lives protecting our nation. The family wants to do their part to honor him, and they are doing it by finding a way to donate.

Walsh had joined the Marines just after high school graduation. He graduated from the Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island, S.C., three days after the September 11 attacks. He was assigned to the 8th Engineer Support Battalion of the 2nd Marine Logistics Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force. When the second bomb exploded, Walsh was injured. He was buried the next day, and also his funeral was attended by over 1,750 students from his high school.

Four other Marines died in the attack, and also eleven more were injured. Of these, Cpl. Mankin suffered burns over 25 percent of his body and lost two fingers on his right hand.

Legion of Merit Recipient

Marine Corps veteran John Spc Deweese, 22, was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq while serving in his unit. He was part of a platoon that was training Iraqi police officers and also was killed in the blast. The unit was advancing into Marigny when the bomb exploded.

Deweese’s death was a tragic incident. He was a member of Task Force 44. In May 1942, a roadside bomb struck and killed him. He was one of the first to receive the Legion of Merit. The medal is housed at the Smithsonian Institution. He was the youngest recipient.

Final Words:

Deweese’s unit was driving a Humvee, a light four-wheel drive truck. It is capable of high-speed operation and has waterproof electronics. It is used by many nations for a variety of military tasks.